Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original:
whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before)
you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.

C. S. Lewis



there are no rules

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Ronny Moodle

Me name is Ronny Moodle and I live with me mam in a small place in Dublin. It’s not much but it’s the only home I’ve ever know. There’s been a lot ‘a talk round town bout me on account of me age. Folk don’t think it’s right fer a grown lad like meself te be living with me mam. They say it’s unhealthy or some other bollocks. Anyway when I was down the pub the night befer last I strolled through te the pisser only te find Mickey O’Donovan waiting fer me. He’s been teasing me bout me curly red hair and patchy freckles since I was a toddler. I seem to maintain the position of turning the other cheek on account of the fact that he’s a big lad. A big lad fired up on a couple of stale pints of Guinness waiting fer you at the entrance te the bog; it’s the stuff nightmares are made of. It didn’t get any better. I spent most of tha’ night with me head in the crapper, misplacing my inhaler in the process and having a mild panic attack. I told me mam I’m moving out.

1 comments:

anatman August 13, 2009 at 12:57 PM  

just started reading "the commitments", this sounds the same mission...it's funny...keep going, give us another day...

Post a Comment

Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public.
Winston Churchill
There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

Following Noodles

free counters

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP