Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original:
whereas if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring twopence how often it has been told before)
you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it.

C. S. Lewis



there are no rules

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lemon pies and coconut shells

Oh dearest me, what a day I've had, mother called this morning to wish me a happy birthday. You can imagine how shocked i was, not shocked at the fact the she called me but that i infact had forgoten my own birthday. Its strange really that i never forget jimmy's birthday or even philips, but to forget my own!? so i walked to the pet store and bought oxygen tablets for little phillip, then continued down pigsbury lane to that dear little coffee shop. Penelope was there. she gave me extra cheese on my scone, maybe i should ask her out to dinner. Oh but why would she bother with me, i bet once i finally invent something she'll say more than " hey sterling, same old?" oh my, i had quite the experience walking to aunt nelly's, i was part of a movie! yes i tell you, a movie, well they were filming in the park, lights, cameras, and all of that stuff. I happened to spring across a puddle of water, as i turned i could swear the camera was pointed in my direction! Oh my, i wonder if it was a commercial, or a movie, i think id rather it be a commercial. then penelope would see it during her lunch breaks or when she left work, and she'd tell all her friends about me, that would be swell. I arrived at aunt Nelly's rather chuffed at my accomplishment. Bounced right into the house without noticing she had painted the exterior an obnoxious yellow, the house almost looked like a marangue,i tell you. She got me a turbonamic hydrolic instant no mess no fuss ink dispenser! What 42 year old could resist such a remarkable gadget. i spent some time at aunt Nelly's, most of it was spent feeding her and re-attaching her ear piece, but it was a delight. i left aunt Nelly's headed for home and caught the last glimpse of Penelopes auburn hair. ahhhhh, i can smell the cocunut and tea tree oil right now. Today has been swell, to think i almost forgot my birthday!!

Sterling

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress, then it becomes a master, then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the monster and fling him to the public.
Winston Churchill
There's nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and open a vein. ~Walter Wellesley "Red" Smith

Following Noodles

free counters

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP